Ca vs. Kalk

im gonna be using both reason is cause while doesiing from a calium reactor i will be butty co2 and that depresses your ph so the kalk will keep that more stable

well i was going to use the calcium reactor and then top off with the seachem reef builder for the pH 8.3

your better of useing kalk for now and then get a calcium reator.....get a neilson reactor and use a aqualifet to dose it when you top off ...youll also need a auto top off its the best way to use kalk....if you want you can get a calcium reactor later down the line

My thought are to get one of these (it's what I'm doing) http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=M3-C-4002&Category_Code=creactor">http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=M3-C-4002&Category_Code=creactor</a>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="color: black;">KORALLIN KALKREAKTOR it uses very little CO2 (like 40 bubbles a minute) so it really doesn't lower the pH... Looks really cool.</span></span>

correct me if im wrong but i thought the purpse of the pH controller that i would put on the reactor would assist in keeping the pH in line

You can set up a controller to do many things. You can have it shut off the Ca reactor when the system pH drops and start dosing kalk.

danny i think he is talking about something like a milwakee ph controller not likea acjr...i have mine set to does kalk if my ph raises above8.5 it shuts off and it will let it drain some more and my other top off takes over ....

Victor626nj;151966 wrote: danny i think he is talking about something like a milwakee ph controller not likea acjr...i have mine set to does kalk if my ph raises above8.5 it shuts off and it will let it drain some more and my other top off takes over ....

well vic that brings up an interesting question. can i just get an ACJR or RK3 and have it do the samething i would have the milwakee do?

you can use the rk2/acjr controll the ph. You can have it set for the tank ph or the reactor ph. For safety, I would have it controll the tank ph; if the tank ph dips below a certain level, it can shut off the co2.

If you get an ACIII and don't want to monitor/control ORP, you can connect 2 pH probes to it. Or, if you do want to monitor/control ORP, you can get the expansion box to add 2 more pH/ORP ports.

If you want to use an AC jr. or reef keeper, keep the Milwauke to manage the pH in the reactor and use the AC jr or RK to manage pH in the tank.

I like using the ACIII for everything. This way it can send me an email if the pH in the reactor gets out of whack.

Back