Calcium keeps going up?

Egun

Supporting
Reaction score
Calcium keeps going up slowly don't know why not adding any to the tank. Trident has been calibrated. What are your thoughts?Screenshot_20240219_021015_APEXFusion.jpg

What are you adding to the tank? Without that it’s hard toeplain anyhow -.-

Is everything okay? This numbers don’t look good 0.0. You got anything to check against hat tident?

What salt you using? Are you using kalk? If so, that I’ll raise you calcium overtime.

Not adding anything else to the tank water change is beening done a 1.5 gallons every other day

You'll need to get that salinity down to 1.025-1.026 before trying to correct anything else. Salinity isn't just salt, it's Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity, and everything else too. So, lowering your salinity will also lower your calcium and other elements.

With that said, it's actually pretty common for reef tanks to consume a little more alkalinity than calcium. If calcium is still high relative to alkalinity once your salinity is in the optimal range, you may need to consider one or both of these options:
  • Do bigger water changes (or occasionally do one huge water change) to correct any imbalances that occur over time.
  • Add an alkalinity supplement (in addition to your Kalk) to account for the higher alkalinity consumption. I use the balling method (fancy 2-part) and I currently dose 8% more alkalinity than calcium. If you go this route, I'd also recommend adding magnesium occasionally. I like to keep it at at least 1300ppm. You can raise it up to 100ppm per day.

Back