calcium reactor feed pump issue

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
ok..
I have a MJ1200 to feed an MR2 dual chamber reactor. If I drop to the MJ900 then I have to adjust the effluent rate a few times a day as it doesn't stay consistant.
As we know the effluent rate is just a drip... but the pump throws a LOT more water than that.

Because of that the pump rattles and heats up when the output is throttled back so much..

How do I fix this? is there a way to tap into the output hose going to the reactor and allow some water to escape?

How do I remedy this?

Other than poking or drilling holes, you could put a tee in before the valve that regulates the reactor and install a "bleed-off" line with another valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That or invest in a Masterflex dosing pump or similar continuous duty dosing pump.

ghbrewer;1073458 wrote: That or invest in a Masterflex dosing pump or similar continuous duty dosing pump.

This. An adjustable peristaltic pump is your best way to go to get a consistent feed.

ghbrewer;1073457 wrote: Other than poking or drilling holes, you could put a tee in before the valve that regulates the reactor and install a "bleed-off" line with another valve.

That's how I handled the same problem I had with my GFO reactor. It works really well and allies the flow to be tightly controlled.

What about if you are feeding your reactor off your main return pump and still cant maintain a consistent drip rate?

SnowManSnow;1073443 wrote: ok..
I have a MJ1200 to feed an MR2 dual chamber reactor. If I drop to the MJ900 then I have to adjust the effluent rate a few times a day as it doesn't stay consistant.
As we know the effluent rate is just a drip... but the pump throws a LOT more water than that.

Because of that the pump rattles and heats up when the output is throttled back so much..

How do I fix this? is there a way to tap into the output hose going to the reactor and allow some water to escape?

How do I remedy this?

The new mj1200 pumps are really really bad. You want to add just a little pressure, a push if you will.

If you tee off of a larger pump, you have the control the pressure. Too much and you'll blow the reactor. Only industrial reactors are designed to handle pressure.

Back