Calcium reactor off of overflow

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
I had my 120 running for all of 12 hours before the seam gave out and ruined everything. Thanks to Patrick at the Fish store I'm back into th hobby. This is my chance to try my hand at plumbing a tank. I'm going to add a calcium reactor this time and was wondering could I Tee off of the overflow return piping to feed the reactor thus eliminating one of the pumps.

That was great of them to get you taken care of! Ive been running a calcium reactor about 2 yrs.  I first tried running the Calcium Reactor feed off my manifold.  I used a gate valve for fine tuning and found the flow was inconsistent at best avg between 25ml to 60 ml a min flow rate.  I went to an individual feed pump (maxi jet 1200) and the same issue arose.  I found a great used Peristaltic pump and it runs exactly the same ml per min day in and day out.  Which was very important to me to get my Reactor dialed in exactly as I needed it to be.

interesting that the gate valve couldn't dial it in. What kind of pump were you using from the manifold?

Back