Calling all Acan Lord lovers

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Who are you and what do your collections look like?

I just changed my frag tank and doubled the footprint so I wanted to add something new and always wanted some acan lords. So...I just picked up several to start my collection. Who else is into these colorful chunks of coral and what do you collections look like?

Please post some pictures and tell me something you learned about keeping them that I should be aware of. Thanks in advance...Dave

I love them. I try to spot feed them around once a week and I get the best color out of them in low light.

My largest Acan colony isn't the most beautiful (red/white). But, that colony is the very first colony to signal even a slightest change in my water chemistry. It's saved me many times. ��

Bassett22;1035376 wrote: That is one of my "can never keep" corals, Ive tried several in the past, the open great, sprout a couple babies around the base, then... just sit there for a while before slowly receding to death. Just cant figure it out.

I am hoping this is not my fate!!! Maybe after mine grow I'll give you a fag and see if we can fugue it out.
Andy, is that a doxie in your avatar?

How about some pictures from Brett & Ringo?

Lol. I'm still trying to find time for mushroom pictures somebody asked for a week ago. I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Dave, if my Alk goes over 9.0 it won't open. It only likes low flow and med Par. I moved this colony all over the tank and there is only one spot that it likes, It's frustrating. Lol

Most of these I've had since they were only a couple polyps.

e391918dd819b180a1abab8f89d91a6e.jpg
alt="" />

Love Acans, such a blast of color! I keep them in mid tank with medium flow, there not picky for me.
My lights are out and couldn't find good pics of most or of my mature colonies.
Here's two of my favorites that I've got frags if you like?
5F19831A-752C-4AEB-B355-07549D3DE62C_zpsoi0kj6dp.png
alt="" />
1F454D65-223E-454C-832A-16E5A3A44315_zpsa0utvcla.png
alt="" />

Camellia;1035492 wrote: Love Acans, such a blast of color! I keep them in mid tank with medium flow, there not picky for me.
My lights are out and couldn't find good pics of most or of my mature colonies.
Here's two of my favorites that I've got frags if you like?
5F19831A-752C-4AEB-B355-07549D3DE62C_zpsoi0kj6dp.png
alt="" />
1F454D65-223E-454C-832A-16E5A3A44315_zpsa0utvcla.png
alt="" />

I may hit you up for a frag. Those are really nice.

Not an acan, but pretty interesting none the less.

ASD something or other micromussa
f115ae8427b909c671970d1c5d271d07.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Ben,
My orange are Micromussa, also.
It's said that Micros have smaller heads and generally less aggressive. Both Micros and Acans are from the Muddidae family.
Micros also change color depending are lighting placement! Isn't that cool! My can go from fusha pink to deep red! Others can go from red to yellow... In 24 hours!

Ok so I am learning as we go here. Can micros and acan lords be keps in close proximity to each other?

Camellia;1035592 wrote: Hey Ben,
My orange are Micromussa, also.
It's said that Micros have smaller heads and generally less aggressive. Both Micros and Acans are from the Muddidae family.

All true, and mine seem to grow faster than all of my acans (maybe just me).

dball711;1035593 wrote: Ok so I am learning as we go here. Can micros and acan lords be keps in close proximity to each other?

I'd be careful putting them too close together. Acan Lords are pretty aggressive

Back