camera for Apex

rodriguez

Market
Reaction score
looking for a camera that will work with the Apex, is this camera OK "Foscam F19831W" or is there any other better camera that you guys recommend, thanks

The Foscam is used by many on the Apex forum. I'm not sure if that's the right model number .
if you don't get any answers here you might look there.

Most IP cameras, including that one will work. The trick is going to be port forwarding. Having a camera won't matter if you don't set it up to be viewable from outside your network (outside of your home).

If you need help, portforward.com is good place to start.

Crew;1018521 wrote: Most IP cameras, including that one will work. The trick is going to be port forwarding. Having a camera won't matter if you don't set it up to be viewable from outside your network (outside of your home).

If you need help, portforward.com is good place to start.

+1 the Apex forum is a great place for information on recommended network cameras, installation and setup.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/forumdisplay.php?45-Camera-amp-Media-Integration-with-APEX-Fusion-amp-Classic-Dashboards">https://forum.neptunesystems.com/forumdisplay.php?45-Camera-amp-Media-Integration-with-APEX-Fusion-amp-Classic-Dashboards</a>

Another option without all the bells and whistles, is to use an old cell phone. I have one in the sump room and one on the tank.

Bcavalli;1018558 wrote:
Another option without all the bells and whistles, is to use an old cell phone. I have one in the sump room and one on the tank.

Could you share some screenshots or the feed? I have tried setting this up with an old iPhone and the camera doesn't play well with my lights. The tank is too bright to see anything.

Crew;1018563 wrote: Could you share some screenshots or the feed? I have tried setting this up with an old iPhone and the camera doesn't play well with my lights. The tank is too bright to see anything.

Ill hang it up right now. The wife doesn't let me hang it up and turn it on unless we're gone for an extended period of time. No one wants to see me walking around in my boxers on cam anyhow. &#55357;&#56860;. I have a Samsung S2 upstairs and it really shows a decent picture considering its old, has a broken screen and won't charge unless it's plugged in. But, heck we only use it for remote access. I'm not sure how to take a screen shot with android 2.1. Lol. So here is the next best thing.

IMAG8437.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG8439.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Crew;1018563 wrote: Could you share some screenshots or the feed? I have tried setting this up with an old iPhone and the camera doesn't play well with my lights. The tank is too bright to see anything.

Im definitely not the person to ask about camera settings and what they should be set at. But, you could try adjusting the white balance (setting within the ip app) and maybe tilt it downward away from the lights. Do you have a night mode? Maybe someone who has experience could chime in.

Back