CAMERA on apex feed

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I'm still considering putting acam online to view my tank as it matures.
Heres the thing... is there one out there that doesn't look HORRIBLE under LED lights? It won't do much good if i get get crazy purple glow that most cameras show..

what causes this>? why don't cameras capture what we see under LED?

What does a video camera need to avoid this issue?

thanks,
B

It's an issue with the white balance in the camera and the actinic spectrum that LEDs produce. You could go with any camera and add a filter to it to clear up your issue, or find a camera that has a customizable white balance. I know most regular cameras do that, but I have no idea with webcams.

I use 2 of my old Samsung S2s with cracked screens. I have them setup as IP cameras through my home Wifi network (with port forwarding). The picture is pretty amazing without any modifications to the settings. The Free Ip camera app I use, allows you to modify almost any settings including, turning the flash on remotely and zooming in and out. The nanny apps even allows you to hear sound and snap shots remotely. Just about everyone in the world has old cellphones they don't use so it's a free option. And you can setup as many as you want. Even if you don't use this option long term, it will give you an idea of the options you may be missing or want in an official IP camera. Just a thought.

I'm using a DLINK Model: DCS-5222L, pretty good picture and no issues with an ATI t5 or AI LED tank side by side. Not the same issues like you see with a camera phone.

So Dlink works w fusion? I was thinking it didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah Brandon, I'm sorry...missed the Fusion piece. I am using it stand alone.

Dlink cams are fusion compatible. I really like mine
very easy setup, especially compared to other ip cams.

tater;1043081 wrote: Dlink cams are fusion compatible. I really like mine
very easy setup, especially compared to other ip cams.

Do you have the HD model?

This is Barry_keith, wrong long in lol

Mine is not HD, close enough though, I can clearly make out all fish and coral with my camera, even with the leds on.

Bcavalli;1043062 wrote: I use 2 of my old Samsung S2s with cracked screens. I have them setup as IP cameras through my home Wifi network (with port forwarding). The picture is pretty amazing without any modifications to the settings. The Free Ip camera app I use, allows you to modify almost any settings including, turning the flash on remotely and zooming in and out. The nanny apps even allows you to hear sound and snap shots remotely. Just about everyone in the world has old cellphones they don't use so it's a free option. And you can setup as many as you want. Even if you don't use this option long term, it will give you an idea of the options you may be missing or want in an official IP camera. Just a thought.

Great idea! What is the name of the app you're using? I looked on Google Play and it looks like there are a bunch of IP cam apps out there. If you're happy with the one you use I'd rather not go weeding through a bunch of glitchy apps.

Thanks. I've used two of them IP camera and Alfred. I used Alfred during my last vacation and it worked great.

Thanks! I've got a few old phones, including a cracked screen Samsung Note 2 I've been meaning to put to work.

dasianguy;1043182 wrote: Thanks! I've got a few old phones, including a cracked screen Samsung Note 2 I've been meaning to put to work.

That works. :). Everyone has old cell phones these days. Lol

I just downloaded the Presence app and will test with my IPad Mini tonight. The app gets good reviews.

Well I have an ip app, but you can't link that in fusion

SnowManSnow;1043204 wrote: Well I have an ip app, but you can't link that in fusion

I've done it, but you have to set up port forwarding. It's kind of a pain to do.

Back