Camera Question

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
I don't own a good camera. Have a friend will sell me a Cannon G1x for a good price. I don't know anything about it.Will it work for taking close up shots of my frags. Dose anyone own one.

Do a little research on a site called DPreview. The canon g1x is not good on macro shots, the canon g1x mark2 is much better.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I almost bought one until i learned of its limitations...nice camera otherwise.

Thanks Dave, might just have to bring a basic camera that i already have..You know us reefers, we want the good stuff.LOL

Depending on your budget, you can find cheap used DSLRs out there. Heck, even entry level ones are "cheap" these days. I've been using a Canon XTi for about 9 years now and it's been great. I probably haven't used it in about a year now though.

Thanks for the info.Either way I'm coming to the meeting.

I spent a week in a class learning to properly use a camera a few years back. 60% of taking good pictures is knowing how to work the camera (white balance, shutter speed, aperture size, etc), 35% is the lens you use, 4% is the camera, and 1% is skill - IMO.

I often take pictures here at home that Walmart refuses to print and swears up and down were done professionally. I have a Nikon D60 with the basic lens.

When it comes to cameras.All I know that you look and hit the button.
Looks like I will be coming with a Kodak ZD710, that I had for sevral yrs.
If anyone thinks I can make the Canon G1x work .Maybe with a macro lens kit.

She is a close friend, I don't even have to have the money up front.I'm not going to pay more then 200.00 at the most.Is the camera good.

Back