can i add another tang

jimsreeftank

Market
Reaction score
i have a 220 mixed reef running 400 gallons of water. I have lots of rock [ entire back wall] in tank. i have a pretty good size hippo and yellow tank [- 3-4 inchs ] i would like to add a sailfin or tommei tang. what do you think?
DSCN0107_zps327dc8b3.jpg
alt="" />

Depends on your nutrient removal but I would add many...that's just me. What kind of tang are you wanting?

I would say yes depending on your bio-load, but you never know with tangs until you mix'em up. If things get aggressive someone im sure would buy him up on here. GL

I would agree. With a tank that size your only issue MAY be aggression at first. But, after a little time they should be fine. I have a hippo, purple and yellow, all of which are about 5" in my 125 and the get along great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for thge input- my bio load is very little since i have so much water in my system. I just want a cool looking fish and most tangs are reef safe. im going to order one in the next few weeks. unless one comes available here.

I would worry about your yellow....mine started Tring to kill anything I tried to add

You are good. I would add a tang. The yellow and sailfin will fight. If poss get a larger sailfin then your current yellow tang.

im open to other sugestions besides a tank. the current livestock is a fox face, yellow and hippo tang, coral beauty, flame angel , convict damsel[ wish i gouge get rid of him] 4 clowns and cromis.
looking for a big - 4-5 in awesome fish

Back