can I convert these into saltwater reefs?

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I found these fish tank tables and think they're really cool. They are origonaly made for a simple freshwater fish. I think it'd be even more awsome if I could make it a reef. I would have to hang a mh from the cieling but thats pretty doable. I'll also have to find somewere to put a skimmer and some power heads. If light goes through the glass top will it be less powerfull? Here is the link to the side table

Flow and lighting would be prepetual issues, but certainly you could do worse!!!

Why can't the last one be saltwater? Think closed loop and non-photosynthetic corals, gorgonians, sun coral, and the like.

I doubt the standard pump wouldn't give even a softy tank the flow it needed, and servicing it would be logistically impractical.

Here are a couple possibilities. The toilet is called the Fish 'n Flush:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
421596=20452-fishnflush_small.jpg
>
421596=20452-fishnflush_small.jpg
class="gc-images" title="fishnflush_small.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
421596=20453-Moody-Aquarium-Washbasin.jpg
>
421596=20453-Moody-Aquarium-Washbasin.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Moody-Aquarium-Washbasin.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

atreyu917;421598 wrote: BTW that hanging fish half bowl is sold at Petco.

I have one in my daughter's bathroom with some kind of bamboo or something growing in it. No fish naturally... that's what I'd call poor housing.

That's interesting, Charlie. Even so, there reaches a point where in my mind anything alive just needs a little more room. These things are about the size of a cantaloupe cut in half... maybe 3.5" front to back. Not saying they need ranch houses, just a little more than a phone booth. :)

Back