Can I get your opinion?

son of adam

Market
Reaction score
I would like your opinion.
I am buying a 200 gal. Marineland 3' x 4'. I want to put my 72 bowfront ( current tank ) on the other side of of the wall and use as a refungium tank. This will mean drilling 72 gal tank in each of the back corners and plumb through the wall to spill into 200 gal display. The sump under the display would contain the skimmer and return pump. The idea is to plumb the return pump from the sump to the refungium with another drilled location center / top of the refugium.

This will work fine right?

I would like your opinion.
I am buying a 200 gal. Marineland 3' x 4'. I want to put my 72 bowfront ( current tank ) on the other side of of the wall and use as a refungium tank. This will mean drilling 72 gal tank in each of the back corners and plumb through the wall to spill into 200 gal display. The sump under the display would contain the skimmer and return pump. The idea is to plumb the return pump from the sump to the refungium with another drilled location center / top of the refugium.

This will work fine right?

It could be completely gravity fed by having it lower than the display and a little higher than the fuge. Use an overflow so if the power goes out the flow will stop and not empty into the sump. Maybe easier if you have one drain from the main going into the 72. You could drill it on the back and have it fill from that bulkhead and drill the bottom corner and have an overflow. The other return from the main could go to the skimmer.

My opinion..............You need to bring the Marineland over here and let me take care of it until you figure what you are going to do.

Seriously, sounds like a good idea. Best way to find out is maybe do a mock up outside and then fill it up and see how it runs. My main concern would be a flood in case of a power outage. We could eliminate that possibility and work out any kinks before it goes inside. Let me know when you want to do it. I got a 40 acrylic already drilled in the back (we could modify if needed) and several tanks pumps etc and we will make it happen.

It's cool people like chef that make this club so awesome. Hope you guys keep us updated with a build thread

chefrepo;293525 wrote: Seriously, sounds like a good idea. Best way to find out is maybe do a mock up outside and then fill it up and see how it runs. My main concern would be a flood in case of a power outage. We could eliminate that possibility and work out any kinks before it goes inside. Let me know when you want to do it. I got a 40 acrylic already drilled in the back (we could modify if needed) and several tanks pumps etc and we will make it happen.

Dude, you rock. I would love to show you the idea in google sketch up. I can't seem to get it loaded in this thread. Oh yeah i have a coral to give you. Come get it. Hydomorpha (Sp)

chefrepo;293508 wrote: My opinion..............You need to bring the Marineland over here and let me take care of it until you figure what you are going to do.

Hey I entered that 200g raffle like most all of you. I have never won anything and I am not really thinking i could win this tank. If i do, you can have it for a small one time fee.

"You have to repo my ex girl friends car and get her stranded." :unsure:

Oh yeah I keep the sump.

Son of Adam;293970 wrote: Hey I entered that 200g raffle like most all of you. I have never won anything and I am not really thinking i could win this tank. If i do, you can have it for a small one time fee.

"You have to repo my ex girl friends car and get her stranded." :unsure:

Oh yeah I keep the sump.

$20.00........you double your money. Wow, what a deal!
Sure, you can even come with me.
Deal!

I was actually out today riding around 285 and had a brain storm.....er perhaps brain fart but why wouldnt the 40 acrylic work for your fuge? No drilling glass, you can modify it to your specific needs easier. If you dont like the first attempt we can seal it and make another attempt. Plus a smaller footprint, you can save the bowfront ( wich is a nice tank) or sell it or whatever you want to do with it. You can never have enough tanks. Ok, its 32 gallons less but a 40 gallon fuge along with a decent sump, skimmer, etc. and you gots some good filtration goin' on. The one I have is in good shape and its factory made and we can work something out in trade either now or down the road that is not a problem. Between the two of us and the great folks here at the ARC we can make this happen. I tried calling you earlier today but got your voice mail so I left you my number. Hit me up if you want to come see it.

Son of Adam;293965 wrote: Oh yeah i have a coral to give you. Come get it. Hydomorpha (Sp)

Sweet. I have been wanting a piece of that since I saw yours.

Back