Can I measure your lights? Specifically looking for a Radion G4 Xr30 Pro with AB+ setting

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I borrowed a spectroradiometer from work for the Christmas break so that I can directly compare the spectral output of my Kessil Ap700 to my Mitras 7206. I should have it for the next three weeks. I'm like to measure a Radion G4 Xr30 Pro specifically, but if someone else was interested in another light for comparison that might be interesting also. This is an open air measurement that is best if there is some access to the light source and it takes a few minutes to get setup correctly. I'm interested in the A/B+ setting on the Radion as I would like to try to measure and match the output curve of that profile. I have attached a graph so you can see what I am up to from a quick test I did tonight. The software can export the data to Excel for comparison purposes. Roswell / Alpharetta area is best for me, but not really a big deal. It's always nice to meet and see other ARC members and their tanks.

IMG_6948.JPG

I haven't found a Radion G4 XR30 Pro to measure yet. I still have two Bicolor Hammer frags, I'll give one to you in exchange for letting me measure your light if that makes it more interesting. The total time needed for measurement is about 20 minutes.

If you want, I have some G4 XR15 Pros you can measure. And G4 XR30s. But that’s it; sorry I can’t help more

I haven't found a Radion G4 XR30 Pro to measure yet. I still have two Bicolor Hammer frags, I'll give one to you in exchange for letting me measure your light if that makes it more interesting. The total time needed for measurement is about 20 minutes.
I've got to say. This is really cool! I wish I had my systems up. I'd be giving to frags to come by and take measurements, not the other way around!

That is a real nice bump in the UV band with the AP700. Looks to be around 385-390, would be nice to see a little more resolution in there to be exact.
I think it would be really cool to see not only the Radion's but a few other of the high end lights. I've been doing a lot of reading and plan on ordering pucks soon to make my own Radion knockoffs with a customized led configuration. Less whites and higher K for those that remain while also adding more leds at 420 violet and true UV at around 390-395. A few other modifications too, mint & 1 infrared per unit, either built in the puck or added via a stars separately. I want more usable leds in the fixtures instead of wasting channels that are off or barely on most of the time. I can fill in more of a white look with T5's if I want.

If you'd like more information on how to use the data and any pointers on taking the readings hit up Dana Riddle on R2R. I'm sure he'd be happy to help and probably want some of the data you compile. Dana lives in Dallas, GA too. The link I put in takes you straight to his sub forum on R2R.

@anit77 , Yes I thought about starting a thread over on R2R and asking Dana his opinion once I have achieved my goal of a Mitras profile that emulates a Radion. That curve in my original post you mentioned is actually the Mitras and the software does also provide the spectrum peaks in a separate tab. The Mitras uses an ultra violet LED which should be about 380nm and a hyper violet in the 420-430 nm range from what I have been able to determine. @ActiveAngel, I will most likely take you up on your offer.

Special thanks to @ActiveAngel for letting me in to measure his Radions a couple of weeks ago. I was able to characterize two of his Radions and create a program for my Mitras to emulate the Coral AB+ program yesterday. I had to push several channels to 150% to do it. There are some differences between the two lights which is to be expected and I took a guess at the Ultraviolet channel in the 380 nm range. I'd still like to measure a XR30 G4 Pro if anyone is interested in helping out.

1579578260760.png

Back