Can you chill a Yellow Tang out?

typemismatch

Market
Reaction score
Hello!

I've had my tangs about a year, 1 big and 1 small yellow. They were fine for awhile but about 6 months ago the big guy is just freaked out by ANYTHING and it makes feeding a nightmare. I put food in and he freaks out, hides, scares all the fish and nobody eats. I'm moving the tank soon and thinking about getting rid of him or maybe both tangs. I like to look at my fish and these two idiots are insane ...

not sure there is anything I can do.

:)

thanks

Is the tank located in the house where there is a lot of activity? If not that may be the problem. My tank is in the living room and we both work at home so the fish including the tangs meet us at the top when we come into the room. That said you may just have a nervous nelly

It is! it's next to my home office and we home school so we're around the tank all the time, this one guy just isn't getting it :)

typemismatch;1091258 wrote: It is! it's next to my home office and we home school so we're around the tank all the time, this one guy just isn't getting it :)

huh. Not sure then. Is it only during feeding?

It depends, feeding is the worst, they all gather on the feed side and as it hits the water, he goes nuts. Most bizarre is he'll eat seaweed out my hand ... so there's that

Sounds like the one is stressing. What size tank is it?

Jenn

That's a little snug for 2 yellow tangs. My advice would be to rehome the crazy one to a much larger tank.

Jenn

I'm going to shoot for at least a 275G when I move at the end of the month, maybe he'll be happy in that :D

Back