Can you drip acclimate an entire tank at one time ?

Eric_n_Ga

Reaction score
So I planning my move from the 29 gal to the 75. They are side by side .

I have a few fish and shrimp and crabs ,corals the entire tank basically . Could I drip acclimate the entire thing at once ? Then just move the fish over ,dip the corals and move them over , then the shrimp and crabs last ?

I think it would be less stressful for the tomini tang then being in a bucket ,then in a new tank .

When I moved stuff from my 50 to my 127 (it’s metric :rolleyes: ), I didn’t acclimate anything. Just made sure the salinity, temp and ph were close to each other and swapped everything over. I lost one frag out of 40 or so corals. That one frag wasn’t doing so hot in my 50 though. All of my fish (a whopping 4) did great and loved the upgrade.

When I moved stuff from my 50 to my 127 (it’s metric :rolleyes: ), I didn’t acclimate anything. Just made sure the salinity, temp and ph were close to each other and swapped everything over. I lost one frag out of 40 or so corals. That one frag wasn’t doing so hot in my 50 though. All of my fish (a whopping 4) did great and loved the upgrade.
This is better!

there’s no need to drip acclimate everything. Just drip the snails, and the shrimp, if anything.

corals generally just need matched temp and salinity (and light). Otherwise, they are more irritated by being touched/moved.

Fish sometimes need slight more care than this, but not much. Definitely no need to do drip acclimation for them.

Back