Canister filter making water hot.

Akash

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently started a canister filter on my 39 gallon tank. The canister filter is a hydro professional 600 and the day I set it up I started seeing my water temps increase. The water was starting to reach 84. First I thought it was my heater so I unplugged the heater and nothing changed. My house is also set to 78 so I was confused why it was getting so hot. Then I thought the motor in the canister filter might be getting hot so I unplugged the filter and the next day my temperate was steadily decreasing to 78. Has anyone ever had this problem or knows what I can do to fix it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few typos. The tank is a 30 gallon not 39 and the filter is a hydor canister filter.

Did you buy this new? I would engage with Hydor, or the store it was purchased from, this does not sound like normal behavior and you may need a replacement.

I got it from another member on arc. I will look into customer support though. Thanks!

Checked with customer support and they said that since it’s rated for much higher gallons than my tank it wouldn’t be a problem for the recommended size, but my tank is too small for it. I’ll try to trade or sell. Thanks

Back