Canopy fan idea

skriz

Reaction score
I was thinking about plumbing a vent on my canopy. It would have a register on one end from which I will run some duct out of and through the floor, into the basement and out of the house. I was thinking of adding an inline booster fan (for hvac) to "pull" the air out of the canopy and out of the house. Of course I would have a register on the other end of the canopy to allow air to enter. I was also thinking about somehow controling this fan with some sort of t-stat in the canopy?

Any negatives to this idea?

Anything that I should do that I haven't thought about?

Anybody already tried this and can give me some pointers?

Pulling air out, can't really think of a problem other then getting a bird or something living in the duct work so make sure you put a cover on it that only opens when the vent is on.

Pulling air in though one of those is a bad thing. i knew a guy years ago that thought that would be a good idea because the increase in fresh air with help lower CO2 and help stop PH flux from happening. It did, until he mowed his grass next to the vent and his tank looked like a dust bowl with water!

Yeah, I was planning on using the outdoor vents that they use for bathroom vents. It only opens when air pushes it open.

Back