Can't believe that worked... Cleaner in a fowlr

nasa_tiger

Market
Reaction score
Got a little desperate and tried putting a cleaner shrimp in my FOWLR tank... Has a Niger trigger, blue jaw trigger pair, a sargassum trigger, harlequin tusk, zebra moray, snowflake eel, skeletor eel, and an emperor angel...

Thought for sure it would be an expensive snack but instead, all of the fish have been lined up at his cleaning station since yesterday afternoon. Even the eels have been swinging by. I am shocked!

I believe what you are witnessing is a united program of fattening him up before meal time.

Oh I am sure, I know it won't last but I am happy as long as it keeps up. The angel loves him, not sure he would let them harm it... Ha

NASA_Tiger;1056194 wrote: Oh I am sure, I know it won't last but I am happy as long as it keeps up. The angel loves him, not sure he would let them harm it... Ha
I think he will be fine. The triggers in my systems never bothered my shrimp. I'm not familiar with the Tusk

grouper therapy;1056190 wrote: I believe what you are witnessing is a united program of fattening him up before meal time.

:lol2:

Yeah, if they haven't gotten him, yet, you may have a good thing going there!

I've only seen them gone after three times. Once within seconds of being added into a tank with a large angel, once when I was new and added one with a long nose hawkish...

...and I heard about it when my ex moved all the animals from one tank into the other so her brother could move it (long story... It was the first I had heard of it)... The other tank had a lion fish in it who basically said "All for ME??? It's SHOWTIME!!!" Three peppermints and a cleaner... And then some!

Funny how that works. Many fish do seem to have a professional courtesy, so to speak, for a cleaner shrimp, the benefit of cleaning seems to outweigh the snack-factor.

Eventually though, somebody will probably view him as an hors d'oeuvre.

Jenn

Back