Carbon Doser Regulator

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
its simple I know, but I'm trying to remember the order of opening up the valves after swapping over CO2 tanks.

There is the valve ON the tank, then the one ON the regulator...

do I open the Tank with the regulator closed then slowly open the regulator / bubble size?

Or is it the other way around?

I'm confused

You want the regulator backed out(off). Slowly open the bottle, then adjust the regulator to desired flow
Always have the outlet of the bottle and regulator pointing away from you
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Installation Instructions

Attach and tighten to compressed tank.
Conduct a simple 'bleed down' test:
Please be sure the "perma-seal" (threaded brass piece with rubber o-ring) http://www.aquariumplants.com/Perma_Seal_co2_cylinder_to_regulator_seal_p/perm1.htm">http://www.aquariumplants.com/Perma_Seal_co2_cylinder_to_regulator_seal_p/perm1.htm</a> is installed either into the regulator or the cylinder. This is what creates the seal between the regulator and cylinder. You do not need teflon tape on the threads here!
Ensure regulator black knob is closed (counter clockwise all the way out)NOTE: If the co2 cylinder is opened while the knob is engaged, the high pressure could damage the low pressure gauge, or affect its accuracy and void the warranty.
Open main valve on tank (very, very slowly)
Note pressure on gauge
Close valve
Wait 5 minutes
If successful, (no seepage) the previously noted pressure should NOT have bleed down reduced at all.
If the pressure dropped: remove regulator from tank AND REPEAT process.

3. Start out slowly when adjusting co2 (too much Co2 will kill your fish)
4. To really get used to the Regulator, we suggest you take a glass of water, and simply put the Co2 tubing in the water to get a feel for the bubble count, and the size of the bubbles.
This small test will really give you an idea of the broad adjustability of the unit.
5. (to adjust the bubble count, turn the dial from 0-10. It is adjustable from 4.66 bubbles per second all the way down to 1 bubble per 10 seconds.
6. To adjust the size of the bubble simply adjust the knob. Clockwise raises the pressure and therefore increases the size of the bubbles And, counter-clockwise lowers the pressure and therefore decreases the size of the bubbles.
7. As previously stated, we strongly urge you to take your time and experiment with the unit before actually applying it your Co2 reactor, or calcium reactor. Quite quickly, you will begin to see its incredible range of adjustability and accuracy.

List of parts, and their function:
Right gauge: High pressure gauge, shows the amount of pressure in the Co2 cylinder. (note: pressure is NOT an indication of how your cylinder is actually a liquid while under pressure. It will hold its pressure quite stable until it begins to run out.
Left gauge: Low pressure gauge, shows the pressure at which you are actually dispensing the Co2. (in this instance, remember, it actually allows you to control the size of your bubbles
Pressure safety relief valve: Located on the far left side of the Regulator. This is simply a safety feature that will release the pressure if you set it higher than 40 lbs. (you should never touch it)
Little Black Box: This is the part that distinguishes our regulator from every other reg in the world. Rather than an electronic solenoid, needle valve, and bubble counter, you simple control your bubble count with the dial. As stated above, you can adjust from 4.66 bubbles per second all the way down to 1 bubble per 10 seconds.
Black knob Adjusts the pressure which adjusts the size of the bubbles.pressure. It will hold its' is NOT an indication of how "

thats what I was looking for Muf... thanks.. just couldn't find on google for some reason.. ill chalk it up to operator stupidity this time

Be for attaching the regulator, I would also open the valve to the C02 tank for a quick blast just to clean out any debris. Those tanks can sit around a warehouse for a while before you pick the up. Had it happen to draft line once.

Back