Carbon.

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
How often do you use carbon.I just got done using a half stick of epoxy putty. Was wondering if I should run any carbon. I have not ran it for afew months. My skimmer is reacting very nice, did not overflow at all.

I usually only use carbon if I had something die off

That's just me.

If it ain't broke....

I run about 450 grams of Red Sea activated carbo on a 175 gallon system and change it every 8 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never run carbon on a regular basis in all my years of reef keeping.

I also use epoxy putty. It will make your skimmer overflow if you use enough so watch for that...

Hmm, I have great use with carbon. I run two cups and replace it weekly. I find that its needed to maintain sps when you have leathers.

I also randomly pick, prune, frag and scrub so it gives me some peace of mind.

I do run very cheap bulk carbon though.

I run carbon in a reactor 24/7 and change it out every 3 months. Granted I run quite a bit in terms of weight (about 3 cups in an MRC reactor) so I don't have to change it quite as often. This is on about 200g total volume.

Thanks you all. That's What I been getting mixed reviews. I been researching on other places. Some claim with all sps tanks they only use it if there is a pollute in the water. For some reason my skimmer did not overflow. Used a half of stick.

Back