Care to talk me out of this?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
http://www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=31168&cat=731&page=1"><span style="color: #810081;">Champion Lighting & Supply :: Lighting :: Solaris LED :: 36" 13K Solaris LED Illumination System.</span></a>

My spouse would kill me, but I think I could get away with it......

Amex in hand, zero balance, no more ballast problems, 2 year warranty.

I think I might do this!

Help!

Whats the minimum payment on 1800.00?

Wait! It's Amex, that means its all due in October, right?

(switching gears......) I've got a Visa..........

Hmmm... in the long run you might actually save some money. No new bulbs, lower energy drain, less heat issues...

Anyways, I'm supposed to help talk you out of it... but I can't find a good reason other than your spouse will KILL you. :)

Maybe I should finish painting the house or mow the grass, sell a tank or something first.........

Steve from fishybusiness has a led light system. he loves it! PM or call him and talk about it.

One of our newest members has one, he says that its wonderful as well, I'm reading up on it. If it wern't 1 am, I'd remember his name, super nice guy though.

Apparently some people are having trouble getting the dawn/dusk feature to work. Seems rare that they break down, but on the occation they do, it can get expensive.

I can't find any reference to this, but certainly these wouldn't require a ballast would they? After all the ballast issues I've had, I'm sick of them.

I think it is just a plug and play but I would talk to steve at fishybusiness. Good luck

Give your spouse the AMEX to go shopping with and you use the Visa to buy the Solaris. That will help ease the pain.

I'd still talk to Stevhan at Fishy Business... he's an authorized dealer and may be able to get you a better price on the Solaris.

I'd have to get a 48" ... price jumps from $1784 to $2208.

$424 for an extra 12" ... ouch.

yes, but technically the previous 36" cost you $595.00 per 12 inches
so you're actually getting a discount on that 4th set of 12! ;)
Im the master of justifying things i dont need :D

CaldwellM;76884 wrote: yes, but technically the previous 36" cost you $595.00 per 12 inches
so you're actually getting a discount on that 4th set of 12! ;)
Im the master of justifying things i dont need :D

Hmmm... justifying things you don't need.

Okay, so if a spouse won't go along with this light... lemme think... spouse/light.... spouse/awesome light... spouse/ DREAM light

Hey, Loren? You carry life insurance, right? Maybe I'll see if that black-tip shark is still available in Acworth.

AJC headlines... "Homebuilder a victim of mysterious shark attack in land-locked Atlanta. Sidenote: wife's tank is beautifully lit...."</em>

:D :D :D

Sometimes late at night I get kooky ideas that don't wash by the light of day, I was hoping this was one of them. Unfortunately, I still want this light!

bzwaagstra is the new member that has the Solaris system and a super nice guy. He and a myrid of other people who have purchased the light swear by them.

I'm still working on ways to justify this light purchase.

I ususally use the reason "because I want it" and then start to cry. That usually dosen't work but I get a good cry out of it. LMAO

I've thought about taking that route Rawn, but the last thing I need is yet something else that makes me seem emotionally unstable......

I say go for it! It will be worth it in the long run, just the added cost upfront.

tsciarini;76875 wrote: I'd still talk to Stevhan at Fishy Business... he's an authorized dealer and may be able to get you a better price on the Solaris.
Yes. If I recall, Stevhan will also give the 10% discount for these as well. He got me a sweet deal on my Solaris.

It does not have a "ballast" like a MH, but there are power supplies that are essentially computer-type power supplies, though very low wattage so they don't heat up.

The power savings is pretty amazing for the illumination over a MH setup. They aren't quite as intense to the human eye because unlike excitation/emission chemical lamps like MH, they have a very precise spectrum that's optimized for PUR (photosynthetically usable radiation) whereas MH puts out light across the entire visible spectrum as well as infrared (lots of infrared, thus the heat).

The controller is a sweet package as well. You can set the hemisphere, time, longest/shortest days, % blue and white, % moon, number of cloudy days (might be percentage, I can't remember), and a wealth of other settings. One of the coolest things is to watch it gradually do sunrise and sunset or move "clouds" over.

Perhaps I'm not the best person to talk you out of this ...

Back