catching a pistol shrimp

tbub1221

Reaction score
Hey guys , I won't go in to details with why , I'll just say I'v got a rogue killer pistol shrimp that struck again last night and he must go.
I watched youtube vids on catching them , made a bottle trap and it is effective at catching my scooter blenny and dottyback , the dottyback just sits in there eating shrimp , if anyone has any advice or maybe even a pest trap to sell/rent/loan or even a line on one I'm mostlikly interested .
I'm going to bait 2 traps tonight after lights out in hopes that the fish will be asleep and the mean pistol will come out .
I'm going to drop it in my sump until I find it a home (anyone wanting a orange skunk pistol shrimp that won't pair and kills small crabs and other shrimp is welcome to it if you really want it just come pick it up)

I have seen where people make a noose out of thin wire to catch mantis shrimp. They would tie it to the end of a stick and place the noose at the open of their den. Place some food outside the den and wait.

Good luck.

Curtismaximus;888768 wrote: I have seen where people make a noose out of thin wire to catch mantis shrimp. They would tie it to the end of a stick and place the noose at the open of their den. Place some food outside the den and wait.

Good luck.

This may be an option to try , so far no luck he's had a trap at each end of he's rocks with some dead ghost shrimp from my fw feeders so I'm hopeing he goes 4 a midnight snack but so far he just sits outside it rite at the cave entrance and I can just see claws n tentacles protruding from the hole .
I like the noose idea maybe I could bury it , only problem it he doesn't eat if there is lights on the only thing that lures him out is a fish or vert to close to his cave. He came about 6-8 " from the hole to pop my big scarlet crabs shell a few times Friday, maybe I can toss a few hermits at his door as bait .

Here is the basic idea and some precautions to take.

a>

Back