CB Butterfly and Kole???

sj miller guy

Market
Reaction score
As my battle with aptasia is reaching a frustration point, I was just thinking about trying another Copperband Butterfly fish. I have tried one before to only have my Yellow Hawaiian tang beat him to death in one day. I quickly removed the Yellow from the tank.

Has anyone tried to introduce a CB Butterfly in a tank with a Kole?

Big D;59384 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">I'm assuming you've tried Peppermint Shrimp already?.. I think you would have better luck with them than a Copper Banded. From what I've read, CB's are hit and miss on Aiptasia, and it's usually a miss. I haven't had that many Aiptasia luckily, but the ones I have had were gone within a day or two with my Peppermints. Only bad thing is, one went after one of my Bubbletips after that, but my Maroon clown put him in place pretty quick.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Big D</span>

I have tried Peppermints but for some reason they don't last. I quickly learned that my pistol shrimp and peppermints didn't last so I also got rid of him. Later I tried another peppermint and it didn't make it either. I just haven't had much luck with peppermint shrimp.

I also really like the way copperbands look. But I am also worried about the fact that they are picky eaters.

Racoon butterflies work great, but they will also take anemones and mushrooms.

Back