Cement for PVC>acrylic?

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
Is there one that is readily available locally? The only one I've found is Weld-on #10, a two-part kit, but I HATE mailorder, and I can't find it locally.

I have a Ca reactor with 3 leaks. Small leaks, but leaks nonetheless. Every one of them is where PVC is glued to the acrylic. Whatever cement the builder used dried kind of pale yellow. I'd like to go over the existing joints after a thorough cleaning and light sanding. In the future this reactor will go in-sump so it wouldn't matter, but for a few months at least I need to run it externally, so it has to be dry.

I also plan to add a 4" union to make my skimmer cup quick-release (MRC). I've found the right union locally but I'll need the same cement for this job as well.

Thanks for the help!

a> These guys may have the weld-on 10 local but I have them ship it and it is here the next day.

grouper therapy;433134 wrote: Where did you find the union?

Alsco in Lithia Springs, off Lee Road. 10 in stock, $32 each. A friend who is a commercial plumber (mainly pond installations) recommended them, and I picked up some PVC gate valves there a couple of months back. It's a schedule 80 4" union (they have schedule 40 as well but I don't want the white one to stick out like a sore thumb). I verified the ID to match the neck's OD just to be safe. MSC Industrial also has them (off of Mableton Parkway), but they're $47.

I was going to take it to MRC to have it done (the price is very reasonable), but it isn't the money... it's the drive. You know, Paulding is a geographic anomaly... it's an hour and a half from everywhere! :) I still have to get a couple of other parts for it, but I'll have them shipped as it will be cheaper than the gas.

cr500_af;433138 wrote: Alsco in Lithia Springs, off Lee Road. 10 in stock, $32 each. A friend who is a commercial plumber (mainly pond installations) recommended them, and I picked up some PVC gate valves there a couple of months back. It's a schedule 80 4" union (they have schedule 40 as well but I don't want the white one to stick out like a sore thumb). I verified the ID to match the neck's OD just to be safe. MSC Industrial also has them (off of Mableton Parkway), but they're $47.

I was going to take it to MRC to have it done (the price is very reasonable), but it isn't the money... it's the drive. You know, Paulding is a geographic anomaly... it's an hour and a half from everywhere! :) I still have to get a couple of other parts for it, but I'll have them shipped as it will be cheaper than the gas.
Thanks Barry

Back