Chalice corals

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Can anyone post pictures of their chalice corals? I’d like to see some in member’s tanks. Thanks!

I wonder if I have some chalice corals in my tank? Are they stony types then?

I wonder if I have some chalice corals in my tank? Are they stony types then?
Yes they are. I can't seem to keep them in my tank at the moment. Well it seems that my SPS is not keeping well. All softies and LPS are doing great. But across are doing good too. I had a bird'snest and purple Stylo just go bye bye.

Huh. I have a meteor shower cyphestrea that is very moody. Kinda like my 12 year old granddaughter lol. I had it looking awesome then moved it and now it’s pissed again but finally, after almost a month starting to come around again. I just bought 4 stony type corals from Dave Ball. They seem to be doing well. I would say it’s my lights but honestly I had a plain old cheap blue let over them in QT and they all flourished. I wish I could remember the names of all these corals. I need to make a list.

That’s what I thought but they kinda look the same. I want a chalice someday that kinda grows in layers like wide open petals. Is that a chalice or am I thinking of something else?

A chalice, a combo rock with zoa & chalice and then the third pic is I think closer to what you're looking for - this pics are a few months old - most things are roughly double in size.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.54.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.50.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.57.19 AM.png

Chalices are incrusting LPS similar to the ones you posted. The other one you have is a lepto. It’s also a LPS but looks a bit more fuzzy with its polyps out. Chalices are relatively easy but can be naughty when too close to other corals. I had one eat some heads off my acan recently.

If you want to try chalices, get a small hollywood stunner. Really easy and hardy. Cheap too

Now all you have to chose is color or better yet, colors. Lime green, Orange, purple and maybe red (all together) could be a real sow piece for your tank!

Unknown on the left, Miami hurricane Middle, unknown purple chalice on the right

Attachments

• 8D90BC6F-9F60-4F68-A0C7-1B06E3E164D1.jpeg
    8D90BC6F-9F60-4F68-A0C7-1B06E3E164D1.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 20
Back