Chalice Issue

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I've had nothing but great success with the BGM chalice since I switched tanks last year. This guy went from 4 eyes to about 30 this summer. Tonight I noticed this strange discoloration on the edge of it. It looks like some sort of necrosis or it got stung but there's nothing close by that could sting it. I have had a favia on the other side of the tank loosing some flesh but not like this. There's no skeleton showing, just black/dark flesh. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.

16143418719_6da8e7e818_b.jpg
alt="" /></a>
a>, on Flickr

Hey Sean,

I'm no expert, but I don't think it's necrosis because it's not thinning the flesh out in that area and no exposed skeleton.
To me it looks like its some sort of pigmentation issue (maybe a mutation). Did it start with the one eye/mouth and then affect the surrounding tissue? I'm curious what others will say because I'm not and expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :-(

^ I agree.

though it is hard to tell in the pic, it looks like it "goes into" the one eye near it..?

It does look like it. This morning it looks like it's almost back to normal but its hard to tell with moonlights on.

Back