Changing the stock lighting on my biocube 32 noopsyche pendent, prime hd or???

joshainga

Market
Reaction score
Wanting to change the lighting on my stock 32 led biocube. I’ve been looking at different options and cannot decide. Any recommendations I know that we have a noopsyche pro that may know something about the pendant as there is very limited information on any of the products online. The prime HD seems like a safe bet but I’m wanting to have a little better par as I’m keeping torches, frogspawn, hammers, zoas, and a bubble tip and want to add some easier sps’s. What would be the best option as far as great color and par. Thank you all for the advise in advance.

I have the option of getting the k7 pro series 3 for the same price minus the mount via a discount code so that is an option too

I don’t have a ton of experience with various lighting options but I have an AI prime 16HD on my 24g JBJ cube and have enjoyed it. Tank is still young, but controlling lights have been easy with a ton of presets available online.

32g may be on the larger side for just 1, but I’m sure there’s advice online for that tank and settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@york1 I’ve read several stories about there being issues with heat with the Steve’s leds if the main reason I’m hesitant. My tank already runs 80-81 degrees with the stock lights.

I run the ai prime hd on my I’m 25 and love it as it is easy to use so I may just go that route I just do not want to buy a light and it not be enough to keep some things I want to try.

When I had my 29 Biocube I had the chance to experiment with various setups but unfortunately none of the above. I tried the stock lights on the lid, then I gutted and cutted the lid and installed a combination of led bars, panoramas and some others, then I put a metal halide 250w on top but even so the coral was doing fine I didn’t like it how it looked. I was finally done with the Biocube. When I started my Nuvo 20 it was a totally different scenario, I got some Hyparego lights and I could see the pop on the zoas and everything I put in there, I was very satisfied with them.

Attachments

• C6C27B37-BD10-415A-8085-436794E857F5.jpeg
    C6C27B37-BD10-415A-8085-436794E857F5.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 9
Back