Charlie and Bud, thanks!

ms_ k

Market
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank Charlie and Bud for their help on MOnday.

for those of you who don't know, AKA almost everyone, I couldn't get the key until tuesday, even though I signed all of the paperwork on Monday afternoon. the move was very hectic, and my fish and corals ended up out of the aquarium for quite some time....too long.

I had difficulty setting things back up by myself, mostly because the nearest fish store and water supply are an hour away and I had to replace water, sand, rock little by little because I couldn't lift too much at once.

Here's the status so far:

Light is damaged so I need to purchase a new light, 72 inches

Fish losses: bangaii cardinal, bicolor blenny (lodged into rockwork...silly fish); haven't seen my royal gramma since I put it back in the tank

Coral losses: almost total loss. rodactis mushroom gone, half of galaxea gone, colts gone, kenya tree almost certainly gone. i'm hoping most of the zoas, shrooms, candy canes, and frogspawn will survive and that the pavona and the rest of the galaxea will pull through. Anyway, wish me luck! time to rebuild.

Bud and charlie did an excellent job bagging and bucketing everything. You guys were a great help. If I'd been able to get them back in the tank sooner, I'm sure everything would've made it ok.

Well, that really sucks! When we moved from SC to Colorado three years ago, we lost 2 puffers, yellow tang, all of our crabs, three stars, 3 clowns and 4 damsels...it was heartbreaking!! We made it all the way out there with everything alive, but the unpackers didn't get there until 4 hours late with the tank, so everything but one clown fish died.
We decided to start over too, but another move...late movers...and 6 more fish lost later, we quit the hobby.

We are just getting our tanks going again.. We decided that until we got somewhere that we were going to stay for a LONG time, it wasn't worth losing all that again.

Glad you aren't discouraged- good luck with the rebuilding!!

Mrs K, sorry to hear about the losses. Once you called to tell us to get the tank back off the truck on Monday since they wouldn't give you a key I was afraid it wouldn't turn out well but was hoping for the best. Hopefully, the corals will come back. Good luck and if there is anything I can do to help give me a call.

I have several kenya and colt frags I can give you to get started again if you would like.

mitchelliii, thanks so much. That would be wonderful. I'd like to let my tank get settled for a month or two before I do anything other than replace the CUC. Maybe then, I can buy a few frags from you. Thanks! :)

Thanks! :) I think most of my shrooms are going to do just fine, except my rodactis. Shame, too. It was nice! I don't think the cloves are going to make it. I'll get in touch in a month or two and see what you still have. Thanks!! :)

I've always appreciated how supportive the people in this club are.

Back