Cheap get the job done regugium light

jrhunter0000

Market
Reaction score
Whats everyone recommend for a fuge light. all i need is something thats gonna cover my fuge and grow my cheeto. I had a reptile light but its not safe as i dropped already in my fuge... Thank god for the shock buster lol.

I use a clip on light holder from Home Depot with a Daylight bulb. When it goes out, I'll switch the bulb to an LED bulb. Fixture is about $10. I don't use the reflector because the bulb has a built in reflector.

porpoiseaquatics;958911 wrote: I use a clip on light holder from Home Depot with a Daylight bulb. When it goes out, I'll switch the bulb to an LED bulb. Fixture is about $10. I don't use the reflector because the bulb has a built in reflector.

This what i have and trying to move away from it i dropped mine in the fuge last night and burnt it to shreds lol.

I use the clip on light but to prevent an accident drop i put an eye bolt on the wood cross support and zip tied it to that

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I tried the cheap light method last week and the weight of the fixture plus bulb had it way too close to the water. I would up spending more and getting a JBJ nano glow because of the way it would attach.

You can go the cheap route though, I read a million threads about it before I tried it but you will need to rig it up carefully. From what I read if you get the right type of bulb you'll get good growth. I spent less than $20 for the fixture and bulb, certainly more affordable than the $55 I wound up spending.

I spent 8 months with a multitude of different lights to get my Chaeto to grow with no luck. As soon as I added a reefbreeder fuge led it took off. Within a week I was harvesting about a baseball size of Chaeto. I was able to stop running PhosGuard and my phosphates are barely detectable. Im sold on it.

Back