Cheap moonlights

darth reefer

Market
Reaction score
So I just finished a little DIY project. I wanted to add some led moonlights to my ATI T5 but everything I looked at was more than I wanted to spend. I ended up getting some led strip lights from autozone. For $20 you get two 24" strips that are waterproof and already have two sides tape. The only other equipment needed is a 12 volt power adapter and some wire splicing. I had an old converter but if you need one radio shack has them pretty cheap. I am not suggesting these as primary lighting. I use them for moonlight/aesthetics only.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
813717=40958-image.jpg
>
813717=40958-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

they look real good, let me pass on a bit of advice that was given to me. be careful putting anything that cost 20 dollars near your tank that you plug in.

heathlindner25;813725 wrote: they look real good, let me pass on a bit of advice that was given to me. be careful putting anything that cost 20 dollars near your tank that you plug in.

Nothing I own cost me more than $20. Just ask my wife. (I learned that from Dylan). :D

heathlindner25;813725 wrote: they look real good, let me pass on a bit of advice that was given to me. be careful putting anything that cost 20 dollars near your tank that you plug in.

That is probably sound advice. I weighed the possible problems before hand though. The lights are encased in silicone and I keep an egg crate cover over my tank so even if they let go nothing will touch water.

Edit:
rdnelson99;813727 wrote: Nothing I own cost me more than $20. Just ask my wife. (I learned that from Dylan). :D

Lol...as a newly married man I am learning this fact quickly. What they don't know won't hurt them ;)

Back