Cheap RO/DI system

YoungReefer10g

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite RO/DI system that they use and is affordable and they would suggest for someone else? (Sorry if I'm being annoying with all of these threads looking for "affordable" gear)

Ask @aestheticlibra He has had a really nice one listed recently for a very reasonable price. I think it was $50. That may seem like a lot to you but equipment is expensive and that is actually really cheap. Also, you may want to look on Amazon for one. They have some 4 stage systems on there too. You have a 50 gallon tank right?

Last edited:
I would encourage you to post a request in the Want To Buy (WTB) thread asking for an old RODI unit. If the filters are all shot, they can be really cheap since they're basiclly just a shell. You're like 14 yrs old, right? Heck, if you can get your hand on the plastic housing, I'll cover the replacement filters.

I will give him my old unit. Filters need to be replaced and it needs water input. Input is $7 on Amazon.

Hey @YoungReefer10g , what county do you live in? I know that in Dekalb county they add chloramines but they might not in your county, assuming it's not Dekalb.

Back