cheap wavetimer

i have 1 mj 900 and those aquaclear 402s that i plan on using.

i found one for 10 dollars but it was for dc pumps, so if you know any cheap dc pumps tell me.

http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Timer-with-Spdt-Relay/dp/B0009WP09K/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics">http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Timer-with-Spdt-Relay/dp/B0009WP09K/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics</a>

will this work for those pumps.

but will all of them combined it equals 770gph and that is enough for a 55g tank.

he is right blind your best bet is to get one koralia 3or 4 and you wont need a timer or any other pump

i want a wavebox becuase i like the wave pattern.

would the pumps i have at least make a tiny wave.

the one i mentioned is what i was talking about. also the dj timer is just 22 dollars so that is cheaper than a timer at aquabuys.

you said that the aquabuys timer has larger intervals but with the dj timer you can get it to go with those intervals so what is the problem. i am sorry but i am thinking about everything you are saying and it is a complicated matter so maybe you are thinking something different than i am, and the message is not getting through. i like having you to bounce my ideas off of so please do not leave.

you can use one of
merchant.mvc

I have avoided wading in on this one, but here goes. If you put all three pumps on one side and can find the right frequency for turning them on/off, you MIGHT get a wave. You will need an adjustable timer that can turn on/off every 1-20 seconds or so. You MIGHT be able to find the right pulse that will cause a wave to start and build. Unmodded MJs will work (don't know anythign about the AquaClears) as they aren't prop driven so the AC thing shouldn't work against you. You will shorten the life of your pumps doing this and it isn't guaranteed to work. Depends on how fast those pumps start and stop and how regularly they do so. It won't be as pronounced as a wavebox either.

i have done alot of thinking and i am going to save money to get a tunze and a tunze controler. now my question is which tunze do i need?

ok i did a little math and my tank needs about 1000gph of flow.
if i do upgrade(dad said he would, but i know its not true) it would be a 75g.

also are all tunzes made for on and off flow?

Back