Check out my dragon ?

mikesmith34

Market
Reaction score
I had this on the bottom of the tank for a couple of weeks then moved it up the the top 1/3. I changed out my MH bulbs from 20k to 14k.
Is it me or does this look like it is a little on the bleached side. I have moved it back down to the bottom of the tank.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
943145=52529-image.jpg
>
943145=52529-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hard to tell from pic. However changing bulbs (esp if they are old...10+ months) and going from 20 to 14K can definitely bleach corals. Depending on what ballast and reflectors you have as well as the type of bulb, you could almost double the PAR/intensity. You could drop your light schedule a few hours for a week and slowly bring it back up to normal time...or just move it to the bottom of the tank :p Let me ask, what kind of reflectors, ballast and bulbs are you running?

Batwing, m58's and oshio 14k, also changed my t5's out to true actinics at the same time

I was running the coral view (???) 20k that came with the tank. I know they were at least 10 months old. They were supposed to be new when I bought the tank but I have my doughts.

If it was enough to beat up your sps, I don't think the zoas would look so happy.

Ringo®;943155 wrote: If it was enough to beat up your sps, I don't think the zoas would look so happy.
That pic was taken after I had moved it to the sand bed rocks. With that said though I have a big colony of chocolate chips at the top of my rocks that does very well.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
943166=52530-image.jpg
>
943166=52530-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes at the time they were stressed out. Good call. The pic was from a couple of months ago when one of our members was breaking his tank down and I brought his corals down from Macon and put them in my tank. They are doing much better now. You were supposed to just look at the c- chips;) that are high on the rocks.

Back