Check out this ATO setup

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Just bought one of these, I like the way it looks, very sleek, and a good price considering it comes with a Tunze pump. He sells probe holders too, considering adding one of those before this ships.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230464983687&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230464983687&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT</a>

[IMG]http://www.reefxl.com/aqua/mounter/top-off_system_tunze.jpg alt="" />

That is pretty sweet, i thought you had an RKE though - Im a big fan of the double float switches from DA

AndyMan;527839 wrote: even the double float switch setup from DA is $45, add a pump into the equation and a socket off a PC4 (conservatively $20) and you're at the same cost if not more than a DA solution (I'm so glad I get my float switches and switch inputs much cheaper than DA charges)

yeah but its all inclusive with email alerts, graphing, etc...

Well this will be running on the Aquapod, replacing the rigged setup I currently have. And I have to use a Tunze pump there because of the ATO container I got (Tunze pump fits in there with less than 1/2mm on each side, measured with micrometer). A MJ wouldn't fit. It looks like the Coralife pH probe holders, but they must drill them out a bit or use metric acrylic tube. The 1/2" tube I have just barely won't fit, and 3/8" would be too small. Either way, it's a nice clean setup.

AndyMan;527843 wrote: ADD another $120 to the equation then because he just traded his .NET module with me earlier this week :yay:

That brings the DA ATO solution to well over $200

just pennies a day:D.....I like the fact i get an email when my ATO kicks on and another when it kicks off.

And yes, I could get the floats and what not cheaper and DIY, but figured I'd splurge a bit...

au01st;527848 wrote: And yes, I could get the floats and what not cheaper and DIY, but figured I'd splurge a bit...

no shame in that

Haha, yes, I made sure to order one with a US plug, and the seller actually confirmed it in a follow up after I paid, very good communication.

And my last name is Danish; the Swedish use a's and o's when they spell it.

I didn't get the probe holder because the probes on my 90 run in the return line, and I don't plan to do much dosing of anything in the 24 that would require multiple probes, I think a suction cup will work fine there.

Ok, I admit I'm at a lost. I'm tired of filling my biocube by hand I want to get rid of it but maybe this would solve my problem. Can someone explain to me how this works in baby terms? Thanks! :confused2:
<span style="font-size: 11px">Posted via Mobile Device</em></span>

And you'd probably put it on a timer. I'm going to put this on a timer to run for a minute every 2 hours.
<span style="font-size: 11px">Posted via Mobile Device</em></span>

Alright, well this finally showed up from Israel, almost a month later and I had all but forgotten about it.

Let's see, the length of cord from the pump to the relay is not long enough (it does have a relay BTW) and does not separate to allow for extensions.

The bracket to hold the float switches is not wide enough to fit on my Aquapod or my 20g sump for my 90, so it seems that tanks over there are smaller or it's made for a rimless tank or sump...

The build quality seems good and it looks very sleek, just missed the mark on a few points, mainly its ability to be used immediately. You'll either need to trim the tank or find a new bracket.

The tubing BTW, is slightly smaller than 1/2"...

Since I'll be breaking the AP24 down soon anyways, I probably won't use this as I intended and you should see it in the FS forum shortly.

Back