Check out who came out of QT today!!

tanks4life

Market
Reaction score
44c7fe87c22e9ed4408e1cb88de38b73.jpg
alt="" />

Now the issue is, my yellow tang doesn't care about him unless he tried to eat the seaweed I put in there. Even from across the tank the yellow tang darts after him if he swims close... should I add a second clip, or just move him to the 150?

First of all hello local reefer!

Second I would give them a few days to sort out their aggression. If you see any signs of stress or picking of the fins I would remove one of them. It can take tangs a few days to get used to each other. Just monitor them closely.

Ya the yellow tang should chill out within a day or two. When I had one it was almost clockwork where he had to establish his seniority with a new fish and then everything was fine after that.

Ok cool. I am hesitant on the light thing due to the amount of corals, last time I cut the lights out I almost lost an entire frogspawn colony.

Don't worry.......in 6 months the Sailfin will be three times the size of the Yellow. Things grow like weeds.

I kind of hoped that would happen. Lol obviously he will get way to big for the mere 53 gallon reef he's in now. But I don't want to add him to the 150 till I'm completely finished setting it up. Same for the yellow tang. Lol

If the yellow tanks continues to be a bully after several days, print out and tape pictures of sailfins all over the tank...he'll back down.

Lol I haven't done that in years. Lol I had a tomato clown I taped photos of darwins all over the tank and he quit picking on the darwins

lights out for a few days should not hurt anything at all.if you lost a frogspawn,it most certainly wasnt from lights out for a day or two.
i use the lights out trick every time i add new leopards and my acros dont suffer in the least.to each their own i guess.

Leopards? And the only reason I believe it was the lights was everyone else did fine and he was great until I kept the lights off for a day. When they came back on it took him 2 weeks to fully extend and when he did half of him was gone. :-( was pretty upset.

Back