Check valve question

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone use flap style check valves with a supplemental spring in their system? I have one but am a little concerned about the metal spring corroding. I bought this as a replacement for a sanitary check valve on my sewer pump at my old house but never used it. Any thoughts?image.jpgimage.jpg

The Georg Fischer Wye check valve is the only one I’ve ever used. I had one on a bottom drilled 150 gallon FOWLR tank I used to have.

I don’t like using check valves, but if I had to do it again, that’s the only one I would buy!

The design makes it easy for you to remove the check valve mechanism for cleaning, which I did monthly. I agree with BRS (below), in that you get what you pay for.

Fwiw,
A ball valve in line with the check valve may also be a good idea, to isolate the check valve while cleaning.

The one linked above worked for us and while not as easy to clean as the Y style, you could replace them for not that much money. Just unscrew it and screw in the new one.

Thanks for the response folks, y’all are great!

I was trying to fully setup my plumbing before moving my sump. I will just reuse the true union one from BRS that is on my current plumbing.

Back