chemi pure

Akash

Market
Reaction score
thinking of starting to run some in my canister to help with overall health of fish and coral in my tank. anyone have experience with it? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used it with success. Beware though, as it can cause your phosphates to bottom out.

which chemi pure? There are cheaper alternatives, but chemi-pure just makes it easy since its already in a bag with minimal rinsing ready to go.

Many reefers have used their product line with great results, but again, there are cheaper alternatives.

I believe the reg. chemi-pure is just activated carbon. You can just get some BRS Rox and put it in a media bag and have the same effect.

Chemipure Elite is Carbon+GFO. If you're goal is to control phosphates and can do a reactor, GFO is a cheaper and more effective alternative in the long run.

oh ok. I was looking to get the chemi pure blue but i’ll look into using just carbon. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got the larger 11oz chemi-pure blue in my canister for my 40B and I think its bottomed out my PO4. I’m doing a 20% water change this weekend and going to try the 5oz. If it still doesn’t correct the issue then I’m switching to carbon and a small phosguard (when needed)

would running a smaller dose than recommended lower the nutrients less, or just cause it to get used up quicker?

Back