ChemiClean Question

raisingtwo2006

Market
Reaction score
SO I dosed with the stuff... and it definatly looks like the cyano has stopped growing and most of it is gone, but there is still some that looks to be hanging on.. Will it just dissolve? I did my 20% water change this afternoon, actually, just now... Do I need to get in there and pick the rest out?

Sorry, I meant, will the cyano dissolve.. We dosed with the chemiclean about 48 hours ago and it was all dissolved and dispersed... We turned off the skimmer and took all of the carbon out of the system.

I just don't know if the cyano will disappear on it's own.

The bottle also says a second dose may be needed after the 20% change. More often than not, I find that unnessecary. Give it a few more days and see if it doesn't all vanish. If not, do the second dose and the followup water change.

that worked for me when i was on vacation but i just got tired of cleaning it and left it, and well it is almost gone from my tank so i would just try that.

Thanks! It looks much better today!! There are only two spots that still have it. One is turning a brown color.. the other is still bright red.. weird.. I'll give it a few more days, then may have to dose again.
I dosed 9 scoops, since it is a 90g.

brown is good thats what color mine chagned to once it was dying then it disappeared

Keep in mind this stuff also wacks all phyto from my understanding. You may want to pick up some DTs to keep pods and such fed.

Back