Chiller operation?

geno

Market
Reaction score
I hooked up a used chiller -- looked to be in great shape and seems to work well -- except the thing hardly runs and my tank is still at 83!

I have the feed to the chiller coming from the sump and the return water going into one of the overflows on the back.

Does the setup seem correct? Looked similar to the diagram I found online.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

thanks,
geno

The hook up seems fine, I am a HVAC tech, most of the chillers run off a thermistor sending a voltage to the thermistor on the principle that at a given temperature you will have a given resistance to the voltage. The microboard sees that voltage coming back and takes action from that. It could be the thermistor is bad, corrupted signal, short on refrigerant, dirty coils, there are a number of things that could be happening. If I can help just post questions and I will respond.

Could be a multitude of probelms. Could be anything from low coolant to bad compressor. I asume the compressor still runs?

freon leak as well? but coming on would not be because of that....What is the chiller set for? What temperature does it supposed to go on and off for?

Thank you all for your willingness to help.

It was me -- I found I had restricted the water flow in an effort to balance the system once I engaged the chiller.

I swear -- this hobby is supposed to be relaxing -- :confused2:

I can be one stupid idiot -- thank goodness all of you are here to help me with real issues -- not just the dumb ones I create for myself.

-geno

Back