Chitons

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Chitons? I was wondering what the care is for them.

Wetwebmedia says they graze algae...but I wonder if I have enought to support one.

Just doesn't seem to be much info on them...do they have about the same needs as a turbo snail?

8f151btf4.jpg
alt="" />

I have a few in my tank..... The bigger ones (1.5 inches) love chillin on the walls of the tank and do a great job cleaning. The smaller ones love to clean rocks

I think I'll pick him up. I've not read anything bad.

I was worried he'd be like a horseshoe crab...interesting but hard to care for.

They are easy, but if you get big ones make sure all your corals are connected to your rocks. One of my corals was not connected and he knocked it over.

I am not sure, but I don't think they do damage to corals. He has never gotten on top of my hard corals and eaten the flesh, not sure if he would though, but I do know they LOVE alage. I had a rock covered with it, once he moved, the rock was white again.....

If anyone's got a couple of these to spare/sell/trade, I'd like to get them back in my tank. Long ago I used to have them and they were great grazers.

hm....... while moving my tank, I picked up my prized piece of aquacultered LR to move it. my hand touched something slimey on it, I moved my hand and something brown crawled in the rock, kind of looks like that now that I've seen the pic. Thanks for sharing!

they don't move fast, prob the speed of some of my limpets and have a hard shell.

Dakota that might have been something else.

Back