Choc. chip starfish

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Do ya'll think they'll live in my sump?? Only reason, I've got 2 in my 100 predator--I've had for over 2 years, now--since I put them in there, my fish have been picking on them-and they have little white marks all over them--they were banned from my reef tank after being spotted "mounted" over a clam about an hour after it was put in--so--it's either live in the sump or find a new home-LMK

yeah these guys are NOT reef safe. they are voracious eaters and are very opportunistic when it comes to their meals (ask me how I know...I added one to my tank when I first began without research)......I would think he'd be fine in a refugim as long as you feed him exclusivly or(intentionaly) as well.

well my advice may differ from others...but As he may well exist just fine in a sump ...he might not be "happy" in a sump. My thoughts have always been if your gonna care for him, his simulated enviroment should be condusive to his well being.

Mine was fine in the tank for about 7 months, then he ate a frogspawn 12 hours after it was put in the tank... Banished to the fuge, he does great in there though, as soon as I can scrap my 20gal sump and add this 55 I got from sal I'm sure he will be doing better.

Back