Choose of skimmer

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
My tank is heavly stocked sps, 145 total gal. Need to upgrade my octopus skimmer. Would like to stay at 500.00 or less, So I can buy other goodies. What do you recommend.

What reef octopus do you have now

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Maybe Sro 3000 or 5000. Depend on your bioload and space u got in the sump + inside that stand

I'd do a 3000, more than enough to suffice a water volume

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Super Reef Octopus 3000 Internal Protein Skimmer $475 shipped

Man, I'm getting overwhelmed. Trying to stay at 500.00 .
Would the SRO 3000 be a better choose then the Reef Octopus 8" Regal 200INT Internal Protein Skimmer.
Or shoud I concider SKIMZ SM203 MONZTER D-SERIES

Sro3000 is a good choice.but if you can come up with little more money bubble king are the best

I'm sure they are great skimmers, its just the one I would need is 890.00 or more.

I have one of the smaller Skimz protein skimmers. Very nicely built.skims great And silent

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Watch for used equipment IMO and get what you'll need

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Want to thank everyone for there imput on this .And believe me I know what Skimmer I would like to get, But its well over a 1000.00 BK.
So here is the two that I narrowed it down to. SRO 30000 or the Reef Octopus 8" Regal 200INT . The difference is in the pump. The 3000 has the bobble blaster, and the regal 200 has the controled dc pump.
As soon as we figure this out we will ask about another upgrade.

Another to look at is the diy Avast skimmers. If you've got any build skills you can save some money and get a pretty good skimmer.

a>

heres my 2 cents...ive always used SRO skimmers and never had a problem.my old tank that you saw had the sro2000 ext and my new system has a sro 5000 ext.with the Octopus' ive owned,ive never had color issues with my acros.IMO theres no need to drop extra coin on a BK.its not gonna skim THAT much better.

Ok, We have the skimmer picked out . SRO 3000. Thanks everyone.

shac;1094061 wrote: Super Reef Octopus 3000 Internal Protein Skimmer $475 shipped

You are quick. Thanks Shac, Let me know if you need anymore info.

I've always wanted to do this,
And Shac said it will be here Wednesday, so be it.

Back