Citric acid

wake125122

Market
Reaction score
So I am thinking of using some citric acid to clean out my saltwater mixing station. Question is what type does everyone use and how much should I use? I've got a 40g brute trashcan I need to clean up.

I've found white vinegar to be effective at cleaning those. I use citric acid on pumps as it is supposed to be better on the parts. Either way, you can get food grade citric acid on Amazon for cheap. Bulk reef supply sells BRS branded citric acid as well.

Everyone probably has their own formula. To clean my circulation and return pumps I use 1/4 cup per gallon. I dump a cup and a quarter in a five gallon bucket. I just cleaned everything last week. After doing the pumps, I dumped the 5 gallons into my 40 gallon container and cleaned it. @popsbjd makes a good point. Vinegar is a cheaper and effective way to clean your storage container. I used the citric acid on mine because it was already mixed and used. BTW, these guys sell food grade citric acid at a reasonable cost. They ship fast too because they are in Alabama. https://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=citric

I bought a 50lb bucket for 80 from dudadiesel.com. Ships from Alabama so it got here in three days.

Lol what are you guys doing with so much? I had my 10lb bag for 6 month and haven’t even used a quarter of it
Cleaning my 220, 60 frag and all the equipment from the previous system. And this is half the rock I have in a 150gal trough...
20200119_133703.jpg

Back