Clam care

I wanna know how much calcium you have to dose… that’s a lot of clams dude

I wanna know how much calcium you have to dose… that’s a lot of clams dude
They do consume way more than acros do….
But kalk and CaRx help me keep those parameters stable. I also drop some dead clam shells I bought on R2R into the reactor… Don’t know if that really helps but the shells turn mesh….

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 10
Any clam I have ever had LOOVED light. I have had them getting 700+ par and loving it.

Im just getting back into them. I have a crocea that just made it to the display and a maxima in QT now. Ive just always gotten specimens 3" and larger, put them right under a halide and keep the calcium flowing and they done seem to need much else.

Any clam I have ever had LOOVED light. I have had them getting 700+ par and loving it.

Im just getting back into them. I have a crocea that just made it to the display and a maxima in QT now. Ive just always gotten specimens 3" and larger, put them right under a halide and keep the calcium flowing and they done seem to need much else.
Good to know!
Where can I find crocea that is larger than 3 inches? The "tear drop" one I bought is around 2 to 3...

I got the Crocea at nemos and the maxima from joker corals. You can find decent size clams online if you look hard enough but they are so overpriced I cant bring myself to buy any.

I have some 8 inch and 12 inch clams already. In my opinion, the blue is most intense on the Red Sea cultured maxima or the blue squamosa. The photo was taken under full spectrum without a filter and it might not show how blue they are. I am looking for some special colors or patterns on clams.

Biota just released a batch of T. squamosina in their site... Super cool species for cheap. If I had room I would get one today.

Back