Clam question...

no never very bad very very bad also try not to take it in the air keep it under water or it could turn it self inside out also post pics

also inspect it before you put it in your tank for bad snails or any bad things

Not to high jack this thread but what is the minimum lighting required for a clam?

Here's the new addition per Victor's request. Not a good pic, but it's the best I could get for now.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
110359=6781-DSC00028_2.jpg
>
110359=6781-DSC00028_2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC00028_2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

olds350racer;110359 wrote: Here's the new addition per Victor's request. Not a good pic, but it's the best I could get for now.

In my opnion, you clam looks a bit bleached. what type of lighst do you have?

jmaneyapanda;110402 wrote: In my opnion, you clam looks a bit bleached. what type of lighst do you have?
Late response, but...
That was a camera phone pic ~1 hour after getting him in the tank. It actually has good color. Regarding the lights... it's 500w MH over a 55g.

I have had both mine out of water while moving from drip bucket to display. They may turn inside out when the grease is hot and you start putting batter on them!:wow2:

Victor626nj;108342 wrote: no never very bad very very bad also try not to take it in the air keep it under water or it could turn it self inside out also post pics
Yeah, that's bad info. They can get air bubbles trapped inside of them. That's why, if they hit air, you're supposed to "burp" them to get rid of the trapped air. Pretty rare, though.

lol, inside-out? that's funny!

I believe you can fw dip a clam. you want to make sure ph and temp is the same and be very careful, but it can be done.

Back