Clams and Anenomes

tsunami

Market
Reaction score
I have a carpet anenome tank and I was wondering if it would be safe to put clams in there too. I thought it might be a good idea because they both like strong light, strong flow, and a good sand bed. But, I know that anenomes pack a powerful sting. So what do ya'll think and is anyone doing this already?

I think it would be a bad idea. Carpets get big, and and will sting and kill a clam if they are in contact.

my clam is right next to my bubble tip and have never had a problem,and they touch all the time.thats just my luck though

jmaneyapanda;79739 wrote: I think it would be a bad idea. Carpets get big, and and will sting and kill a clam if they are in contact.

Any idea of a good carpet that doesn't grow out of a 30 gallon setup. I wont' have much rock but will have some pulsing xenias and just want something for the ocerllaris to play in. I don't want it to take over the tank and start smuthering stuff.

EANDREWS all of the carpets get to big for a 30 gallon. Most well cared for captive carpets make it up to 1.5 ft. I would probably try to go with at least something like a 58 or 75 gallon that gives you 18in. from front to back.

My sand bed is about 2-2.5 inches, but I'm worried about putting more sand because I don't want sulfure build up.

Need to find you a nice little BTA. They will be fine in your 30g for a long time. It will find a home on a rock and your clowns most likely host it.

Back