Clams.... what about 'em?

dave green

Market
Reaction score
I've seen all kinds of posts and articles about keeping clams, but I haven't found what a clam does for the tank an what they really need to survive and thrive in an aquarium....

Can someone help me with some knowledge?

Thanks!

This month's Reefkeeping.org magazine has an article on croceas...
a>

They need light and they are awesome. Before my big clam made its home in Big Ds tank (still waiting for pics BTW), the clam was one of the more interesting creatures in my tank for people who didn't know a lot about salt water. People would come over and get mesmerized watching it.

Cameron;88277 wrote: They need light and they are awesome. Before my big clam made its home in Big Ds tank (still waiting for pics BTW), the clam was one of the more interesting creatures in my tank for people who didn't know a lot about salt water. People would come over and get mesmerized watching it.
he did post pics of it why did you get rid of it anyways

I've been reading about clams. I don't know what kind though! I'm thinking one that's going to prefer the sand bed rather than rock and i want one that's green or yellow. Don't get me wrong the blue clams are wonderfull i just think the green or yellow would look better in my setup.

Thanks, y'all! I'm trying to figure out how to get my corals to open p, so I might need to wait a bit before putting a clam in there...

Although the thought of it is very fascinating!

Back