Cleaning Acrylic

stanfill reef

Market
Reaction score
I have a JBJ nanocube. Since it is plastic I cannot use my glass scrapers that I use on my reef tank.

I have a plastic Kent Pro-Scraper, but it really doesn't work well (I love my glass version though). Any suggestions for removing coraline from plastic tanks?

I have heard of folks using old credit cards but have never tried it as I have glass.

i have an acrylic tank...use my pro scraper,,it works great...when the hard to remove coraline builds up, nothing short of using elbow grease to remove the build up with an acrylic safe sponge will work...with your nano it shoudn't be that hard to do..

p.s be careful with the edges of the scraper, will scratch your tank easily.....

Stanfill Reef wrote: I have a JBJ nanocube. Since it is plastic I cannot use my glass scrapers that I use on my reef tank.

I have a plastic Kent Pro-Scraper, but it really doesn't work well (I love my glass version though). Any suggestions for removing coraline from plastic tanks?

JBJ nanocubes are glass- except for the back wall, of course. Is this what you're refering to?

you can you glass scraper just be careful....i do it all the time...just make sure you go slow .....then go back over it with aquamop....or i have used the plastic puty knife's from walmart,home depot,or lowe's...hope this help's

Back