cleaning protein skimmer

mufret

Market
Reaction score
when you are cleaning your protein skimmer do you clean it in your kitchen sink, bath tub or OUTSIDE????? my wife wants to know!!!

the nice thing about having a the sump in the garage is, i can take a hose from outside and clean not only the protein skimmer but the whole sump..

I use the kitchen sink. I like to share the funk with the whole family.

I was using the sink, until my wife caught me! Oops! I now dump it in the toilet, and clean it outside.

- Brad

My wife has banded me from cleaning my skimmer in the sink and she said I need to go over to that MUFET friend of yours house and doing it over there.

Dump in toilet, clean in bathroom sink.... was kitchen until tank was moved downstairs

I have a small sink in the small fish room behind the aquarium. Keeps the funk confined!

Barbara;151021 wrote: That's a good point Russ. I use the kitchen sink mainly because it is on the same floor, and nearest to the aquarium. I bet that is what most folks are doing; whatever's closest.

I don't use the closest place (i.e., kitchen sink), but use the bathtub to clean both the collection cup (daily) and skimmer (~every 9-12 mos).

Back