Cleaning solution

tinmanunited

Market
Reaction score
I finished the water test and it became visually apparent as to why we need RO/DI. The water was never clear straight from the tap, and left a visible scum line in the tank and sump. Almost a soapy consistency from only about a week of having water in place. Now I managed to remove most of it with a hot water and vinegar solution, but there are a few place where there is still some build up. Does anyone having suggestions for anything more effective, but safe alternatives? Thanks.

having a bit of a sheen/film on the water surface and a bit of a "scum line" is not uncommon. In fact, I've found it to be the norm on most if not all tanks I've owned & see. It comes from many sources including food & any additives.

Water & a pad should remove it. If it's anything that water & a scrub pad can't remove, I don't think it's something that came from the water.

This was just from fresh water, as I was testing my plumbing. So whatever it is, it's from the city's water.

Thanks Skriz. Hey do you guys have 1/2" locline and fittings in stock? Also, bulk pond matrix?

TinManUnited;835461 wrote: Thanks Skriz. Hey do you guys have 1/2" locline and fittings in stock? Also, bulk pond matrix?

No problemo.

Yep, got 'em both in stock :)

Back