Closed: June Photo Contest - $50 Gift Card Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
This contest is completely free and open for supporting members! If you're not an ARC supporting member consider joining, it's well worth it. Every month, we have free prizes, frag-swaps (during non-pandemic times), and give-aways.. plus multiple members that will give you free coral frags just for joining.

For June's monthly photo-contest, the subject is Generosity! Say what!? We want to highlight that this community has so many wonderful people. While we pay and trade for corals and stuff... most of us have a couple things that were completely free, be it Coral, Fish, and Invertebrate. This contest also includes freebies that came with other purchases, free frags for joining ARC, or even birthday gifts from close-friends. Time to Share the Love!!!

Optional: feel free to tag or name of the person that gave you item to express a sincere Thank you. We have soooo many generous people in this club! I want to kick-start this by saying Thank you to @FutureInterest and @aestheticlibra for all the free frags you two give to new members.

Whichever pic the contest committee likes the most will win. Please vote on photos too; those with the highest votes will have the highest chances of winning.

As usual, this will be open all month, and conclude at the end of June.
The prize for this first month will be a $50 Gift Card to an LFS Sponsor of your choice!

IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0318.JPG

Last edited:
Wish I had a way to take decent pictures because half my tank is populated with corals that were gifted to me. @sharis100 @aestheticlibra @Steve Burton @Jeremey’s reef @FutureInterest @ptreef. Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone. Corals received include 2 hammers, zoas, palys, montis, trumpets, stylo, starry night SPS, green hairy mushroom, orange and blue disco’s. Just so much! Thanks all!

so i was gifted this some time ago and here's what transpired:

a few months ago i visited this fellow reefer's house an hour away to pick up some corals and then the conversation moved to how he was dealing with issues with his new apex energy bar. the original EB832 had fried due to some reason and a replacement needed to be programmed. he tried his best to read up on how things work but he's an older gentleman and his son, who originally set up the apex programing, is stationed overseas. so i offered to help him and he took up on the offer. subsequently i have been to his house 2-3 times to help out various issues which i didn't mind. i also offered him some help between visits via text messages for things that he had not considered before. toward the last trip, he said he would feel bad if he charge me money for this torch and gifted it to me.

101305970_2934249059955977_2378445694731026432_n.jpg

so i was gifted this some time ago and here's what transpired:

a few months ago i visited this fellow reefer's house an hour away to pick up some corals and then the conversation moved to how he was dealing with issues with his new apex energy bar. the original EB832 had fried due to some reason and a replacement needed to be programmed. he tried his best to read up on how things work but he's an older gentleman and his son, who originally set up the apex programing, is stationed overseas. so i offered to help him and he took up on the offer. subsequently i have been to his house 2-3 times to help out various issues which i didn't mind. i also offered him some help between visits via text messages for things that he had not considered before. toward the last trip, he said he would feel bad if he charge me money for this torch and gifted it to me.

101305970_2934249059955977_2378445694731026432_n.jpg
What is the orange and green one next to it?

What is the orange and green one next to it?

bleeding apple scoly, double headed.

long story short, had a tank crash and the first pic was what it looked like before the crash. during the crash 90% of the coral died but i was left with two strips of flesh still attached. fast forward 2 years and it's now a double-head.

(Attached Scoly photos not Part of contest)

Attachments

• 2CBE1FDA-F37B-4A65-9BAD-76F08FD09CDD.jpeg
    2CBE1FDA-F37B-4A65-9BAD-76F08FD09CDD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 3C1A3ACF-729B-4E59-9BE0-1C7DADC0AEBF.jpeg
    3C1A3ACF-729B-4E59-9BE0-1C7DADC0AEBF.jpeg
    853.3 KB · Views: 20
  • AEED7484-5EAA-4E4D-9713-2D4E8C3CEF47.jpeg
    AEED7484-5EAA-4E4D-9713-2D4E8C3CEF47.jpeg
    756.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Want to shout out @jcook54 for being so generous with time, talent, frags, introducing me to the ARC and my favorite green and brown monti.AD0DAFB6-3765-4370-B7C8-7E0E0604EF60.jpeg
And shout out to @aestheticlibra also for being so generous also with time, talent, frags, and advice...and some amazing softies including this favorite neon leather:
A4BE2F5E-59D0-4771-AA0A-EDDA1FC26CFA.jpeg

that's a spongode monti.
I always forget the names of my corals- I will need to take photos and get help ID-ing and keep a virtual folder so I know what is what. Thank you for helping me out there.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

What coral do you have in your tank that was a donation from a generous individual?

Got this from Bobby some time ago.
The green mushrooms and Xenia.
DFB089BE-B83E-4B01-BEDC-76B8F72D4A8C.jpeg

And this piece for free from Hui. Both of these guys helped me a ton with pieces in my tank.

EDF1BAC5-64C8-4038-B92A-C38D3A0F73C9.jpeg

Thank you for everyone's submissions! This contest is now closed.

I'll be reviewing and will make the announcement shortly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back